Saturday, December 29, 2007

A start on 2008 goals...

I sent out a challenge to all my buddies to blog about their goals for 2008 so it's time I started on mine. I've actually spent the biggest part of today working on one of mine which is to get rid of all the boxes stacked in the corner of my dining room. Yes, I've been living here since June of 2006, and there were still about 15 boxes stacked in the corner of the dining room (that count doesn't include the four of scrap supplies stacked on or beside the bakers rack.

So anyway, I can now say the 15 boxes are no more (ahead of schedule--yeah for me). To be honest, I wasn't even sure what was in all the boxes and figured I'd actually be moving them to the storage closet on the patio (hey, they would be out of the dining room!). I found several boxes of books (so maybe I don't have boxes of books in storage being ruined-yeah), cds and videos along with some miscellaneous kitchen things. I made a trek to Target to pick up an inexpensive bookcase (twenty bucks and it's not bad looking) for all the books. There isn't a lot of room in my tiny place since I have quite a bit of furniture but the bookcase works in the corner where the boxes were stacked!

Goal: go through boxes in dining room and disburse items to permanent place or purge them. (Done!)

Goal: continue to go through items in apartment to find them a permanent home or purge them

Goal: go through items in storage unit and find them a permanent home among my things or purge them.

Goal: go through my closets and purge clothing I do not or cannot wear (send items in good condition to charity---Tim, you may be getting a call for a pick up!)

Goal: go through and sort scrap supplies so I know what I have so I can use them. Purge any that I feel are no longer my style or that I will not use (any suggestions are greatly appreciated on what to do with them because I know I have stuff in good, useable condition).

Goal: Cook more meals and eat at home. Also, eat healthier.

Goal: Either go to the gym and workout or at the very least walk on a regular basis.

Goal: save some money instead of spending every nickel I get!

I think that's a decent start for now. It's time for me to get back to picking up around here for the night.

2 comments:

Timmy said...

Just let me know and I'll bring The Cal Mobile to Wharton. :-)

Kim said...

Merry,

Leann has a scrap club at her school and I'm going to be doing a scrapbook project with my moms at school, so both of us would be willing to take any excess scrap materials off of your hands.

Kim