Saturday, December 01, 2007

Sissy's home!!!

My sweet, little orphan kitty is back. This morning when running out to pick up something to eat I heard a faint mewing that seemed to be coming from the patio downstairs. When I would call her name it would get a little louder and last a little longer. At that point I figured out that she must be trapped in the neighbor's patio storage closet. I last saw her Wednesday when I was home for lunch and when painters were starting to do trim work on this building. She must have run for cover in the storage unit when they were painting the door and trim and got shut in when they finished. Poor little thing has been in there since Wednesday.

It was before 9a and I didn't want to disturb the neighbor but fortunately her kitchen window was up and I could tell from the sounds someone was up. I knocked on the door and apologized for disturbing her and told of the dilemma. She agreed that was a likely occurrance and checked the storage unit. Sure enough, Sissy came bolting out. It took her a few minutes to get her bearings but once she did, she was more than happy to come bounding up the stairs for some fresh water and something to eat. She's back to being hesitant about coming inside but considering her ordeal I'm just happy she's not reverted back completely to being so totally skiddish. Given a day or two and I may be able to start coaxing her back in--Willy will just have to deal with it!

1 comment:

Timmy said...

Cats are amazing. Several years ago my sister thought one of hers had run away. Turns out it had been in the dryer for a few days. They think it jumped in after they took some clothes out and one of them shut the door without looking in. The dryer was in the garage but they didn't always park their cars in the garage so that is why no one heard it meowing.