Saturday, November 01, 2008

Can you say PISSED....

So I spent a good chunk of the day doing nothing. It's not that I didn't have anything to do--there's plenty--I was just trying to catch up on rest. I finally got out about four to run a few errands (forgot a few) and got home just about nine. And I could NOT get my door open. The lock turned but the tumbler on the door knob just turned....never opening the door.

I called the office and got the emergency maitenance number for what good it did. I began calling about every five minutes trying to get an answer. I finally managed to track down the lady who works for the complex cleaning the apartments for make ready. She didn't quite understand and asked if there was somewhere else I could stay tonight! THAT pissed me off (as if I wasn't pissed already). OH and she tells me the maintenance guy is already sleeping and won't answer. So what the hell good is the emergency maintenance number??? ]

She comes over and the first thing she does is ask for my keys to unlock the door. Surprisingly, the door is already unlocked and it still won't open. Fortunately she brought a screwdriver and was trying to open the door with it. My neighbor across from me was leaving but gave us a butter knife before she did so. FINALLY, that did the trick and tripped the door knob. Now I just have to get maintenance here TOMORROW to fix the damn door so I can leave as planned early Monday.

Not exactly the activities I had planned for when I returned home.

No comments: