Saturday, November 08, 2008

Home at last...

After a twelve hour drive that included detouring over to Conroe to avoid a gigantic traffic snarl on 59 just outside Cleveland (that appeared to go on for miles--cars were literally stopped), I am home. The weather was perfect--even turning downright cold last night (I had a drink in the car from yesterday evening that still had ice in it this morning!). As I expected, it was another wonderful trip to the Ozarks and I hated to leave it behind this morning. But since I've yet to become independently wealthy or a kept woman, I had to return home and to reality.

There were many highlights to the trip and as always, the Oaks were a big plus. Since they aren't coming south this year it was a chance to see the new Christmas production-always a treat. They're still working out the kinks but it's coming along and everyone who sees it is in for a treat. Though a shade early, it was fun kicking off the holidays with the Boys. In addition to seeing the show it was wonderful seeing friends and having a chance to visit with various individuals. And a big thank you to those who expressed their concern for me--it means more than you know.

Naturally I spent too much money and probably ate too much too. But then, isn't that what vacations are for?? On the upside, I've already started documenting my trip. Maybe I'll be able to get that wrapped up tomorrow while I do laundry and get set to return to the reality of work come Monday morning.

No comments: