Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Calgon, take me away...

Granted I just returned from a weekend trip but I am sooo ready to take an extended one. Specifically I am ready for a Branson get-away. It is the one place I can go where I truly leave everything else behind. I have no worries, no responsibilities. And I want to be there--now. To top it off, the Oaks are opening their new theatre up there today (all week really) and I can't be there. That itself isn't so bad. But the only other run before Memorial Day is the same time I'm scheduled to be in Austin. Bottom line, that means no spring trip to the Ozarks for me. I make it a point to go just out of season because the costs area a bit lower, the traffic is lighter and the crowds are fewer which all translates into more relaxation. But the timing this spring basically just stinks. I suppose I could have planned better and been up there this week but I didn't think being out right after spring break would go over very well. And I don't want to be up there Memorial Day. So for now I just have to dream about being up there and hope that I am able to plan a trip in the fall.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have been busy. Sounds like fun and I so would love the calgon thing myself. LOL

Now that we have a new computer what are the odds you might email me birthday pictures?????