Thursday, April 24, 2008

The latest....for what it's worth...

Still lots of unanswered questions. Here's what I know and don't know. Unfortunately, the brain scan wasn't 'clear'--something did show up. The unanswered question is whether not it is stroke or MS. Other than the diminished mobility on one side I have no classic indicators for stroke and the doc once again emphasized that I do not have the risk factors for stroke (shocking I know). In fact she says despite this I am healthy! The other possibility is MS and I'm at the age where it does present. The only way to rule it out for certain is with a lumbar puncture which I am waiting to be scheduled since it has to be done through the hospital-but as an outpatient. She had also ordered several cardiac test to make sure there are no hidden stroke factors. Those will take place on May 9 and May 12. Unfortunately she will not be able to see me again till May 20 so it looks as though I'll have another month without answers.

As I have stated before, I do not feel bad just more annoyed at the feeling of the right side of my body being asleep. As you can imagine that is beyond annoying as it makes everything an effort which in turn not only frustrates me but is tiring. She made certain to point out that either way it is managable and I got the impression she wouild rather it be stoke because it would be easier on life than MS and might never occur again. But either way it can be dealt with (and that's what I have to cling to).

I've taken today off and am just trying to take it day-by-day. She did offer to send me for physical therapy but since I have no dimished strength and have been using that side of my body I did not see the point as I don't think it will do anything in regard to the current 'symptoms'. Since it initially stated less severe and on my left side I hold out hope that I will bounce back with each day.

No comments: