Friday, April 04, 2008

New Computer Blues (?)

I had no idea trying to set up a new computer was going to be such a challenge. Granted I knew it would probably take a bit to get use to a different environment but I didn't realize how different things were going to be. There's a small part of me that wants to go back to the old machine! I switched over connections and got the new one fired up on Monday. It took until Thursday evening to finally get back on Yahoo Messenger. I discovered Monday there was no printer port which meant the need to purchase a cable that makes my printer connect by USB. The cable arrived two days ago but I didn't attempt connect it until tonight. It's all plugged in but it won't print. :( Not sure when I'll be able to get that resolved (waiting to hear from my computer guy--hopefully he can help long distance). Next issue...sound. How do I achieve it? I have an old monitor but it works fine so no reason for the added expense of a new one. However it does not have built in speakers and I do not see any place to connect auxillary speakers. (Once again, waiting to hear from the computer guy.) I'm sure by now he's thinking I'm a real pain in the ass because I keep emailing about all these issues.

Hopefully there will be easy, inexpensive fixes for my problems. It's not that I need any of these resolved tonight but suddenly I'm feeling a bit indifferent about not being able to get sound or to print--things that weren't that big a deal a week ago. Why isn't we don't miss what have (or had) until we no longer have access to it??

1 comment:

Timmy said...

Q1: Are you sure the printer didn't come with a USB cable?

Q2: Have you checked the owner's manual or online about the speakers?

just askin'