Friday, April 25, 2008

When one door closes....

Well last night it appeared as if the tingling and pressure at least in my fingers was subsiding and that made me happy. On top of that, I am feeling a little more steady on my feet and feel I can walk better. Then of course I slept and stiffened up and now my hand is back to the intense pressure and tingling--I hold out hope it will ease up again and possibly disappear. I can still walk a little better...but now my speech is a little off.

Oh, I can talk. And I can find my words with no problem-I just have a hard time saying them at times! SO frustrating. And that has freaked a few people out--call the doctor, call the doctor... Well I still don't have any other classic stroke signs-thankfully. I don't want to be told go to the ER. So I can sit...and wait....and spend more money? I know this could just be another symptom of MS. And it's not every word. And it's only when I try to talk too much--more than a few words. And again, there are no other signs/symptoms. (I know the doc was out today--and I did try to call but couldn't get anyone.) And the chiro didn't sound any alarm over it and honestly, he's one of the first to mention checking for MS.

The lumbar puncture is scheduled for Tuesday. One of the girls at the office has everything lined up for three of them to have everything covered. And apparently both brothers will be here too. Looks like there will be plenty of people to take care of me. Wonder if I can have them wait on me hand and foot??

No comments: