Sunday, April 06, 2008

No Computer Love...

I'm not feeling it. Still having a hard time adjusting to the new computer ( I know, it's not even been a full week but still...). Still no sound and no printing capabilities. The drivers are there--at least the messages tell me they are--and the computer seems to recognize the printer but alas it won't print. And it appears there are no drivers for speakers?--at least that's the message a friend got today when poking around looking for solutions. Hopefully the computer guy will have solutions or maybe I can get someone from work to help me. I'm just hoping it doesn't mean I have to get a new monitor. This one is fine and I don't want to have to drop another $200. But I know a new monitor won't solve the printing issue. Could a new printer be on the horizon? Granted I've really been wanting one of those new Kodak printers that tout cheap ink-like $10 a cartridge-and direct printing from media cards but I am not quite at the point of laying out the cash for one. I'm just trying to take it one day at time. It's not that big of deal, really it isn't. But isn't it funny how you don't miss something till you don't have access.

Spent the day scrapping with a friend--that was fun. I should be cleaning up from that (since my dining table is covered--again) but instead I'm still playing. But, I need to wind it up so I can get to bed soon. Bossman is off tomorrow which means I have got to make it in on time-if not early. Why do Mondays have to be such a pain? But then if it wasn't Monday, whatever day it was would be a pain because it's not the day itself but having to return to the work routine. Oh well I have decided to approach it in the frame of mind that it is going to be a good day.

No comments: