Sunday, May 25, 2008

Fun with fatigue...

I guess I now know why often on the weekends I'd want and need to take a nap just a few hours after rolling out of bed. Seriously there were times I got up around 8 or 9 and by 10 or so I was taking a nap for several hours which bites because it eats up the day.

I've been up since about 8a today and here at just before 11a I'm thinking of taking a nap. At least in that time I have made a run to the grocery store--before everyone else--and put up the groceries. I've also actually loaded the dishwasher and started it, have a load of laundry in the dryer and one in the washer and have put away towels I washed the other night. Ohhh and I've printed the pictures I've taken over the last two weeks with great ambition of actually scrapping them sometime later today.

And someone examine my head (as though that's not occurred enough already) because despite outrageous gas prices and no real need to do so I keep thinking of a run in to shop. Mind you there's nothing I need and I did just get some new things yesterday. I'm fighting the desire to go to Archivers cause it's always fun to look at the eye candy. And I can have a late lunch/early dinner at Cracker Barrel while over there.

The other place I'm drawn to is Barnes and Noble. I love Banes and Noble and detest their move to First Colony because it's so difficult to find parking. (And I'm not in need of anything to read at the moment but I find the books comforting.) However now I might actually have fortune in parking since I am now considered permanently disabled and have the placcard declaring it. (Getting the placcard at the tax office is the first time anyone has made the statement to me that: you are permanently disabled and it seemed so foreign to hear...)

And even though walking has been somewhat of a challenge this weekend I have not used the priviledge as of yet. I figure if I'm gonna schlep around the various places I have so far, a few extra feet wouldn't be that much of a difference (of course I've also been able to park within a space or two of a handicapped spot). If I should venture out to Barnes and Noble I doubt I'd be that fortunate so I might invoke my priviledge. So many changes...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And you doing grand with all the changes. Your attitude is amazing friend.