Saturday, May 03, 2008

Relief...

I cannot believe how almost totally different I feel this morning! The pressure and tightness sensation is still with me but they are so much less intense. I can almost walk at a normal gait--I even made it up and down the stairs to run out to grab some breakfast-I was actually hungry! While not totally back to normal the sensation is returning to my hand so things don't feel quite so foreign as they did. I'm experiencing more of the carpal tunnel sensation than the overall sleep/numb sensation. My first reaction is excitement and yet I'm almost afraid to be too excited that it'll all start all over. Perhaps, hopefully this episode is coming to an end. Who knows, I may never experience this again and that too would be fine. I still have several medical appointments and tests to endure in hopes of finding the cause of all this and the prevention of it happening again.

And I feel guilt. Guilt over getting everyone dragged into my drama and guilt that I was so needy. So in my healing I know too part of my job is to find the lesson(s) in all of this.

And again, to everyone who has been here for me with the prayers, love and well wishes.... a great big THANK YOU.

2 comments:

Timmy said...

This may sound a bit off the wall but have your doctors considered some type of a pinched nerve, slipped disc, kind of thing? I was thinking about that tonight in church.

Unknown said...

I am so happy to hear you are feeling better. Hopefully you willknow what the cause is soon and that should (well we hope) help control in the future.
Hang in there.

PS Warm welcome at the Village?????OK maybe since we have been spending else where they are starting to realize what they are missing. HAHA