Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Two and one half more days...

Thank goodness for a short week. And actually I'll have another short one next week with the afternoon off on Wednesday and Thursday and Friday. I had initially planned to go to CKU and then thought maybe Great American Scrapbook in Arlington. With gas prices, all my pending medical bills and my new friend, I'm not going anywhere. At one time there was an option on the table for going to Austin and if it's still there I may go. Part of me wants to, part of me looks forward to just being able to do nothing.

Amazing how now the thought of doing absolutely nothing is appealing. Mom would probably laugh. Of course now I can totally understand a lot of things mom would say and a lot of the things she went through. Honestly thinking of her having her lung drained on a routine basis is what got me through my lumbar puncture. I figured if she could handle the needle in her back, so could I. The needle they used on her was a whole lot bigger and I know the procedure was sometimes painful. Mine was a piece of cake compared to what she endured.

I know I promised less posting about all my adventures but sometimes I just gotta go there. Things just seem to be moving slow now and it's frustrating. I left a message for the nurse this morning at the doctor's office and haven't heard back. I'm hoping maybe it's because my doc will be in the office tomorrow and she's waiting till then to call me back. I can hope. The fatigue could be worse, but it could be better too. And I'm anxious to find out about the drugs and get started on them. Add to that the stiffness that is still hanging around in addition to a few other things and I'm wondering if anything is happening right with my body. I wonder when this flare will end...and if I'll have another one anytime soon. Of course, if that should occur the doc will be more than happy to get me into a clinical trial! Maybe in some ways having another flare wouldn't be such a bad thing afterall...at least then all the meds and scans and such would be covered! Just looking for the bright side.

2 comments:

Kim said...

How the heck did you get music on your blog???

Sorry I haven't checked in with you lately! It's no excuse, but I've been meeting myself at the door, coming and going, so I'm not even sure how I'm doing right now!!

Unknown said...

I think this is a great place to being posting good/bad or in between with how this is going and where it is taking you.

The only advice I am going to give is to be a pest, nice one but a pest. If you don't hear from the doctor's office, call them again. I have started many a calls with "I know I am being a pest but...." Seems to work.