Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What a SCREWED UP Day!!

Second day of class so it was wild and wooly...and actually people were more nuts today if that's possible. I spent more time today explaining and trying to put out fires and then there were the complaints that ended up down the hall because something didn't go someone's way. It's amazing how parents coddle their children.

I don't get it. I feel old because the parents are my generation and we weren't treated that way by our parents. So why do parents now feel they and their children are owed something and that everyone should cater to them? Why are today's youth not held accountable? Why has it become acceptable for them have mommy and daddy do everything for them?? It's very, very frustrating.

On a more positive note, Willy seems to be doing better and bouncing back more. I however continue to acquire new scratches and still look as though I've lost a cat fight. Now the question is, do I allow him to stay home with just his sitter checking on him or do I board him at the vet's over the weekend where someone else can wrestle with him to give him his medicine? I'll decide that tomorrow.

All that leads up to the fact that the annual Galveston weekend is fast approaching...excitment, excitement. The bad news is the weather is currently horrible and historically, this third weekend of January seems to always be nasty. Not fun beach weather. The up side, the Oaks (thanks for the email Duane). The down side, missing friends who won't be able to make it for various reasons.

Until that time, there are tons of things to be done.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I know, dear, it's scary to deal with the whole "entitlement" generation. ICK! The worst part is that it used to be said that we should be nice to the younger generations because they will be changing our bedpans...but these kids won't think it's their responsibility to do that. We could be up a creek! LOL!