Friday, January 18, 2008

Galveston oh Galveston....

It was a crappy afternoon and even crappier night on the island. I should back up.....I finally got to sleep sometime after 1am because I just had to watch Ugly Betty...it was a new episode. I didn't really sleep all that well and then Willy kept being a nuisance waking me up. I finally rolled out of bed around 7:30ish.

I really had no idea what I wanted to wear so packing was a challenge and I think I finally finished that around 9ish. Granted I also paid some bills and dealt with Willy as well. It was nearly 11a before I got packed, dressed and out the door (after chasing Sissy around because I don't quite trust her in with me gone overnight--must less two days).

I rush to the convention center and hike what feels like a million miles and finally get where I want to be. Lucky me I was able to get into the 12:30 SEI class--bummed about missing the 11a clear album class but I have no one to blame but me.

I don't think I spent too much at the vendor faire and got on the road to the island at 3p..and I was starving. With the traffic and the weather I got on the island about 4p. Check in and then off to eat--Joe's Crab Shack. After that, turn around twice and then down to The Strand for the Ghost Tour. Cool fun but a tad bit cold.

More later because I'm wiped out and hear my pillow calling!

1 comment:

Timmy said...

My sis wanted me to go to the vendor area but just didn't have the time. Was there some good stuff?