Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Back at it...

Work that is. At first it seemed sleep would never come last night and then suddenly that annoying alarm was going off. Surprisingly I managed through the day without a slump--or even leaving for lunch (since we had yummy chicken spaghetti). Now the energy is at a minimum and I am about to call it a night.

The day wasn't too terrible. Of course there were the usual first of the year calls with inquiries about awards...because naturally things were magically to have been done even though the college was closed and we were off since December 18. And of course, we (me especially) are not moving fast enough to appease. By 11a I'd already been yelled at a few times and asked if I was certain of something (which of course I was but the answer did not fit the caller's expectations). Just another fun day in the office!

There were other things (nothing too terribly bad) that were annoying but I'm doing my best to stay in a positive frame of mind. It's my best defense. Hell, it's my only defense.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Positive with a smile....It is the only way to be and makes life oh so much more wonderful.