Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Let the day begin!

Yep....it's not even 6am and I am UP! That in itself is a miracle...especially since I don't go back to work till tomorrow. But I am up---have been since a little past 5a, and am doing my best to be productive. I predict a slump around 9ish.... I have mixed a double batch of brownies and they are currently in the oven. Planned for a cake first but somehow didn't have the mix I wanted.

Tomorrow is the boss' birthday so I am doing my best to get things together to provide not only treats (like any of us really need them) but lunch in his honor. I'll hit the store later for ingredients for his aunt's chicken spaghetti which is a favorite of all in the office. It will be quite the surprise for his first day back. Maybe it'll soften the blow a bit of having to return to work on his birthday.

Now that I've downed a glass of (guava) juice it's time to hit the shower!

12:39p....working on productivity today!

I confess to sneaking in a little 30 minute cap nap before dressing and going to the office...I know, shame on me but it seems to have helped. I went in at 9:30a and planned to work till at least noon....the computer system had other ideas. It went down about 11ish and at 11:30a I decided it was not worth freezing in hopes it would come alive in a decent amount of time. I did manage to do a few things while there--at least my office isn't quite the disaster it was. Still some things to go through but in time...yep, did some (gasp) organizing!

Off to the grocery store for the ingredients for chicken spaghetti then home to contemplate my next move. I thought of a movie..I seriously did...but decided it might be best to stay in and possibly accomplish a few things--and I was unable to schedule a massage as both my therapists are out today (darn the luck as that would have been a great way to slide back into work).

Chicken is cooking and I am thinking of scrapping--at the very least a birthday card...though I also confess to taking pictures of the chicken lying there waiting for the water to boil and begin rendering it to a palatable state....perhaps a 'steps to a happy birthday' card with pics of the various stages of the spaghetti? Okay maybe not...

No comments: