Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's that time of year again.

Island time that is. The much anticipated annual Oaks weekend in Galveston is this weekend-YEAH. Sadness cause the 'usual suspects' won't be there...no Nic and Joe or Elsa. Seems life has gotten in the way and they just aren't able to make it.

It will still be fun--just a different fun. I made the decision to wait till Saturday to head down which actually ended up being a better decision on more than just a financial front. The annual LoneStar MS meeting is this Saturday and it's preceeded by a luncheon and meeting geared around the Walk so I've made the decision to attend. I'll leave a little earlier on Saturday and stop there on my way to the island.

MS Walk Woman will be joining me for the Saturday night island festivities so while I won't have my usual company, I will be in good company. Heard today that's she's really excited about the weekend so that will make it even more fun.

Still many things to be done here to get ready for the weekend. I'm not as excited as in prior years probably because I'm worn out from work. I know once the time arrives and Richard hits that first low note, everything will be fine.

No comments: