Saturday, January 30, 2010

January Recap...

Geez, January has flown. Seems like Christmas was just yesterday and at the same time not. I find as I age time passes much faster. Another joy of aging?

As January turns to February, I thought I'd do a little recap of the month....

Appointment with the Hematologist went well despite my red blood count still being down-but improving. Back to see him in four months hoping for even better numbers.

Mission organization results in pantry being C-L-E-A-N. I know what's in there, it's all organized, it contains no out-of-date products and it has inspired me to do more cooking at home. (Though now that regstration is over I need to do more of that.)

And speaking of registration...I survived working 50 to 60 hour weeks and (hopefully) that's behind me for a while.

The third Saturday of the month was filled with fun scrapping with the girls at the MS Society. I got pages done for ME and had a good time laughing and learning with the girls.

Attended and participated in the local MS Leadership development meeting prior to the chapter annual meeting. It was a pleasure meeting others working to make a difference and I am looking forward to working with them more in the future. The luncheon was very nice and Nancy Liberman is super nice and a great speaker.

January brings the much anticipated, annual Oak Ridge Boys-Galveston weekend. Things were rather different this year as the friends I usually attend with were unable to make it but I had a great time just the same. Always fun to see Da Boys. And I love Joe's reactions when I send him pictures after. Already planning for next year because yes, I have my tickets!

Wrap up and appreciation dinner for the MS Walks was a fun evening.

Planning meeting for our 25th high school reunion on the horizon (tonight). Should be fun as it seems I will be seeing people I've not seen in well, almost 25 years!

Looking at my calendar, I see February is already starting to fill up--at least the weekends. While the kitchen isn't totally done, it's time to move on to the next room in mission organization. I haven't made a final decision which room that will be but I'm leaning toward dining/living room. I know the 'studio' will be March because I'll have the extra time of spring break. I see my neuro in a few weeks and am hoping for good things there---and NO MRI, cause if you know me, you know I HATE that thing.

So, here's to February!

No comments: