Thursday, January 28, 2010

What a cool surprise!

It's been an interesting week--I've had worse, but I've also had better. Most importantly at this point, tomorrow is Friday and I'm hoping for an easy, uneventful, quick day. I am ready for a weekend that promises mostly rest. I can use it.

But on to my surprise.....tonight was the wrap up, appreciation and awards dinner for the MS walk. Rather informal as it was hosted at the Society offices and people were everywhere. Dinner was somewhat buffet style and provided by Lupe Tortilla (which I find I am growing to like). While I usually have a camera or two on me, this time I'd left them at home (because they were still by the computer from downloading Oaks weekend pictures).

But I digress. There was somewhat of an awards presentation--again, somewhat informal. Different individuals and teams were recognized. And to my surprise, I was presented with the 'Above and Beyond' Award for the time I put in helping with walks. To me it really wasn't all that extrordinary but apparently to the local office it was. I enjoyed it all and would do it again (and probably will come walk season). Some might view it as cheesy but I have hopes of framing my little certificate. It's something special to me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool. You seem to have found your niche.