Sunday, January 03, 2010

Return to reality....sorta

The past two weeks have flown and now it's time to get into the mode to head back to work. Officially we don't go back till Wednesday but considering what I have waiting, I need to get in for a least a bit the next couple of days to do some planning and get things organized (ohh, there's that word!).

Truthfully, the past few days have been downtime for me. I've spent the time resting and watching television but now it's time to get focused and get busy. Many things needing attention and much to be accomplished. With organization and determination it can be done...and will be done!

There are 28 days left in January which means 28 days remaining for accomplishment and to make a difference. Project number one is to get my kitchen in order. And I mean the BIG clean....pull everything out of cabinets and crannies....sort through, throw away, give away...PURGE.

I have grand ideas of focusing on one room each month. By the end of that month I want to have done a thorough cleaning and organization of that room. I've thought about making a list of the order in which I want to tackle rooms but fear that might be discouraging in a way if I did not want to focus on that particular room.

I did know from the beginning I wanted to start with the kitchen. If I should finish before the end of the month, I will turn my focus to the next room or merely choose a smaller project that can be accomplished in the time remaining in that month. See, grand ideas!

I am thinking March will be the month for the spare bedroom/studio as I can spend time during spring break focusing on my project if I so choose.

I know there are limitless possibilities and I am ready for the challenge!

No comments: