Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It just doesn't feel like Christmas....

Not sure why but it doesn't feel all that much like Christmas to me...at least not this year. I don't think it's the weather. Heaven knows we've had plenty of Christmases that involved running the air conditioner and wearing shorts. Maybe it's because I never did get that tree up...or any other decorations--although there are several cards from various friends displayed throughout my living room.

Maybe it's because I've not done any real Christmas shopping...I have no last minute things to get done...Willy being ill...no real holiday trips this year (the tree at the state capitol was rather disappointing to me)...

...and heaven help me, I am contemplating going out tomorrow to see if there are any bargains to be had.....or maybe I just feel the need to get caught up in the frenzy? I should really just stay home and do things around here....there's plenty and I'll still have nearly a week to get out and play before I have to return to work....

No comments: