Sunday, December 28, 2008

....s-l-o-w-l-y...

Small progress but progress....Willy just ate a little baby food. The vet had suggested it among other things. I tried the various kidney diet food he sent home with me....actual turkey....tuna...nothing, only water. After a trip to Walmart and a jar of turkey baby food I found something he will at least try. He only ate a few bites but it was with gusto. I think he was just too tired and weak to eat anymore. I've been giving him water about every hour all day so I'm doing what I can to keep him hydrated. And now he is eating.

I still find him in the litter box every once in a while but I leave him...and eventually he makes his way back to the cardboard box in my bedroom. In fact, when I left for Walmart he was in the litter box....when I returned he was curled up back in my bedroom. Maybe now that I found something he'll actually eat he'll get some energy back and get back to annoying me! Keep your fingers crossed....

No comments: