Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Life goes on...

Willy is gone but life certainly goes on. Perhaps I should be more distraught. Maybe it hasn't fully hit me. It will be tomorrow before I can take him for burial.

For now, I've been to the store and am starting to pick up around here. There's laundry to be done and heaven knows I need to vaccuum (something I've not done the past few days as I did not want to disturb or upset Willy too badly--Sissy is on her own).

Call me cold-hearted but I think of things like not having litter slung everywhere (Sissy seems to be more diligent and neat in that department). I can have rugs on the floor without having to wash them daily because Willy decided he liked that better than his litter box. No more 1a to 3a wakeups for feeding because he wants fresh food. Cheaper catfood bills because Sissy does not eat can food. No more papers or magazines shredded because it's fun.

But also, no more fighting at the front door because Willy is trying to sneak out. No more kitty curled up sleeping on the back of the couch. No more kitty snuggling (Sissy does not like being held and I don't feel like being clawed to death).

No comments: